• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile felony submitting DNA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? ca

i was found guilty today for exposing for sale metal knuckles which is a felony, the judge said i have to have my DNA taken, how does that work, will it be in the system forever

CdwJava

galileo415 said:
i was found guilty today for exposing for sale metal knuckles which is a felony, the judge said i have to have my DNA taken, how does that work, will it be in the system forever?
I'm looking for more details, but, in essence, the DNA will stay on record forever. In the event your conviction were overturned you could petition for the destruction of your DNA.

The DNA sample is provided by collecting a sample of inner cheek cells from the mouth (known as a “buccal swab” sample). This sample would be in addition to the right thumbprint and full palm print impression of each hand required by law.

Further, I believe that Prop. 69 authorized the state to collect DNA form all adults ARRESTED for a felony in 2009 and beyond! Right now, it is only for those convicted of a felony.

- Carl

rmet4nzkx

galileo415 said:
What is the name of your state? ca

i was found guilty today for exposing for sale metal knuckles which is a felony, the judge said i have to have my DNA taken, how does that work, will it be in the system forever
DNA is the building block for your body, the state will only take a few old cells that are about to be swollowed anyway. It will not kill you. Your DNA will be in your system for life and even after death. Once the state has a record of it, well you watch Law and Order and CSI don't you? Don't break any more laws.

CdwJava

galileo415 said:
its only gonna b used to compare samples from crime scenes right, and not to check when applying for job?
At least in CA. Only law enforcement will be using it for comparison. It will NOT be available to private employers.

Heck, if they want your criminal offender record, there are other sources to TRY and get that ... DNA would be too expensive to try that.

- Carl

garrula lingua

The judge warned you of how much time is over your head.

Ask your atty these questions.

PS: for other readers, PC 296 has been expanded, requiring DNA samples on some misdemeanors & all felonies, on conviction. It's just a cheek swab, usu done by Sheriff's personnel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">