• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile issue from 1980.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luv_jeeps

What is the name of your state? Colorado.

I was 15 years old back in 1980.
I was adjuticated as a juvenile for an offense that consisted of reckless endangerment and criminal mischief. The offense involved a .22 caliber rifle.
The second charge of reckless endangerment was dismissed, but not the other.

Fast forward a few years....
I applied for and was granted my concealed handgun permit from Adams County, Colorado in 2003.
I have had no issues getting approved on the 4473 forms for more than 10 years....until recently. I went in on a Friday, turned in the requisite paperwork for the renewal and decided to make a new handgun purchase as a celebration for being also a new US Citizen. (March of 2008) after living in the beautiful state of Colorado for 40 years.
I was ultimately denied for the purchase...after a week long delay. Reason was I had a prior issue as listed above. I have turned in the paperwork to expunge the juvenile records, but am worried that the fact my previous offense had a firearm involved will be an issue.

I could go on about how I have done things differently in the past 28 years, like been the VP of Information Technology for a big firm, raised a beuatiful family.
Thoughts?
Thanks a bunch.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">