• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K9SARTEAM

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

I have rcently learned that my now 14 year old daughter has been seeing a young man who is now 18. This started about 6-7 months back and she is now 2 months pregnant. She has just turned 14 at the end of November. My questions are - 1 what if anything can I do legally to try and keep him away from her. 2- Should the decision be made that the pregnancy be terminated what action can I take for this cost.

moburkes

WOW! I wouldn't need the legal system if it was my daughter, but...

What is your daughter's birthdate, and his birthdate (if known)?

Restraining order. I'm looking to see it it is considered rape.

Do you have health insurance for your daughter? Abortion should be covered.

A

austin_kid

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

I have rcently learned that my now 14 year old daughter has been seeing a young man who is now 18. This started about 6-7 months back and she is now 2 months pregnant. She has just turned 14 at the end of November. My questions are - 1 what if anything can I do legally to try and keep him away from her. 2- Should the decision be made that the pregnancy be terminated what action can I take for this cost.
u should be able to get a protective order preventing him from seeing her, not sure how much good it would do though. and you could press charges for statutory rape. abortion is messed up, in my opinion you should let her have the kid, itd be a lesson to her that actions have consequences (and i personally think abortion = murder). but thats just my opinion.

AHA

Should the decision be made that the pregnancy be terminated what action can I take for this cost.

That decision is up to your daughter to make, not you. She should have been educated about how pregnancy can be prevented instead of now trying to get rid of reality.

Happy Trails

South Carolina statutes state:

SECTION 16-3-655. Criminal sexual conduct with minors.

(A) A person is guilty of criminal sexual conduct in the first degree if:

(1) the actor engages in sexual battery with the victim who is less than eleven years of age; or

(2) the actor engages in sexual battery with a victim who is less than sixteen years of age and the actor has previously been convicted of, pled guilty or nolo contendere to, or adjudicated delinquent for an offense listed in Section 23-3-430(C) or has been ordered to be included in the sex offender registry pursuant to Section 23-3-430(D).

Upon conviction, the actor must be punished by imprisonment for not less than ten years nor more than thirty years, no part of which may be suspended or probation granted.

(B) A person is guilty of criminal sexual conduct in the second degree if the actor engages in sexual battery with a victim who is fourteen years of age or less but who is at least eleven years of age.

(C) A person is guilty of criminal sexual conduct in the second degree if the actor engages in sexual battery with a victim who is at least fourteen years of age but who is less than sixteen years of age and the actor is in a position of familial, custodial, or official authority to coerce the victim to submit or is older than the victim.
Report this to the police, and get a restraining order against this guy.

Restrainning order

I agree that a restraining order and sexual charges apply here but heres a question how will restrainning order once child is born (if not aborted) he would hav legal right to see child!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">