• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile law (age 17 year olds)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Moose581

What is the name of your state?North Carolina

My son is 17 and his stupid act of trying to be cool in front of his friend he stole a $15 worth item. he got caught by the store manger & got arrested. cops called us and told us all about. he has to go to court with a lawyer. the arresting officer also said that if he goes then they will clean this up because it is first time doing anything like this. Because he usually just stays home. i was wondering...

when he turns 18 will his record be cleaned? because i have heard that
also what type of punishment will he be facing?

CdwJava

Criminal records of juveniles do not magically disappear at age 18. Check with your local court or an attorney to find out the procedures and the time that must pass before you can have a juvenile record sealed (if NC even allows it).

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">