• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile - Lewd & Lascivious Battery - 2nd Degree Felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sonick

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I have a 17 year old brother and his 15 year old girlfriend is pregnant. At the time of getting pregnant she was 14 and he was 16. She had to go to court over something and the judge asked if she was pregnant and she said yes. They took my brother to court and is being charged (as a juvenile) with Lewd & Lascivious Battery which is a 2nd degree felony.

Here is a link to the statue
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

She consented and actually lives in my mother's house (my mother has legal custody because her parent's can't raise her) with my mother and my brother. She is not pressing the charges and neither are her parents, the judge just saw she was pregnant and now the state is going after him.

My question is this... I found the sentence for adults charged with this... but does anyone know the possible sentence when being charged as a juvenile or where I could find this? I've tried google to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciate. Him and my mother can't stop crying because they have absolutely no clue what type of sentence he is facing.

Thanks again.

p.s.
I warned him about this a year ago when they started dating :confused:

Just Blue

I have a 17 year old brother and his 15 year old girlfriend is pregnant. At the time of getting pregnant she was 14 and he was 16. She had to go to court over something and the judge asked if she was pregnant and she said yes. They took my brother to court and is being charged (as a juvenile) with Lewd & Lascivious Battery which is a 2nd degree felony.

She consented and actually lives in my mother's house (my mother has legal custody because her parent's can't raise her) with my mother and my brother. She is not pressing the charges and neither are her parents, the judge just saw she was pregnant and now the state is going after him.My question is this... I found the sentence for adults charged with this... but does anyone know the possible sentence when being charged as a juvenile or where I could find this? I've tried google to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciate. Him and my mother can't stop crying because they have absolutely no clue what type of sentence he is facing.

Thanks again.

p.s.
Well. How swell. It is just a matter of time before your parents are charged in ths mess. :(

Proserpina

She consented and actually lives in my mother's house (my mother has legal custody because her parent's can't raise her) with my mother and my brother. She is not pressing the charges and neither are her parents, the judge just saw she was pregnant and now the state is going after him.

My question is this... I found the sentence for adults charged with this... but does anyone know the possible sentence when being charged as a juvenile or where I could find this? I've tried google to no avail.

Thanks again.

p.s.
How did your mother end up with custody?

Banned_Princess

Yes, and if mom did end up with custody, how did incest not cross the judge's mind?
I don't get it, isn't incest between natural family members?

But yea, how come the judge didn't think that this was going to happen.

And who's mom has brain cancer? the pregnant girl, or the boy the judge sent her to live with?

Antigone*

I don't get it, isn't incest between natural family members?

But yea, how come the judge didn't think that this was going to happen.

And who's mom has brain cancer? the pregnant girl, or the boy the judge sent her to live with?
The OP's mom. (we had a roundabout elsewhere). We suspect that there is no formal custody agreement in place because what judge on God's green earth is going to give a brain damaged, disabled woman custody of an unrully and uncontrollable little girl.

Banned_Princess

What do you mean by "natural"?
I mean biological.

I was sure the reason it is [bad] was because of the genetic problems of babies born to direct blood family members.

(not that even if that was not the case I would find it ok, but thats the world I live in. The Royal family used to (for thousands of years) marry cousins together.)

Whatever, its just the way the world is. (my world)

Just Blue

I mean biological.

I was sure the reason it is [bad] was because of the genetic problems of babies born to direct blood family members.

(not that even if that was not the case I would find it ok, but thats the world I live in. The Royal family used to (for thousands of years) marry cousins together.)
Whatever, its just the way the world is. (my world)
Better be careful what you post...You might be confused for an "ugly American"!! :rolleyes::p

Proserpina

...and it shows!
OY!

:D;)

OK so no, Princess, incest does not have to be between blood-related siblings. If Pax and Shiloh "git it on" they will indeed be involved in an incestuous relationship.

(Though it will sell many tabloids and may - allegedly - be keeping the tradition in the family. So to speak)

Banned_Princess

So if a judge awarded custody to the boyfriends mother, then at that point the teenagers are brother and sister?

That is very good to know since I like to know things ! lol :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">