• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile not taking medication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grandparents

What is the name of your state? Alabama

We live in Alabama and our 14 year old grandson lives in Indiana. He has ADH and refuses to take his medication. He has become too much for his parents to handle and was just kicked out of school. When he is on his medication he is fine. He is not under any court order for anything and the Indiana authorities say they can't help until he has committed at least two crimes. We are thinking of taking temporary custody. Is there anyway we can legally force him to take his medication once he is with us?

gawm

Wow, sounds like you will be taking on a handful. I would think long and hard before doing it. If someone doesn't want to take their meds there's nothing you can really do except bait them (stick it in a food that he likes) or force them. The baiting will only work for so long, sooner or later he will bite into a pill. The second isn't fun at all. I had to do it with my pit bull a few months back, at least I knew he wouldn't bite me. Can you say the same for your grandson?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">