• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile Nuisance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bolex7

What is the name of your state? Florida

I have a 16 yr. old step-daughter. Her boyfriend is 16 as well.
The boyfriend is over at the house constantly and a nuisance.
I made a direct point to them that they are not allowed in the house without an adult present.
They adhere to that rule and sit on the porch.
The problem is this:
When the adults are at work (9-5) or out for a few hrs. on the weekend the boy is over all the time.
Since the adults are not at home we have no way to enforce that rule.
This minor has worn out his welcome with me as he is over constantly.

What are my rights?

Neal1421

bolex7 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I have a 16 yr. old step-daughter. Her boyfriend is 16 as well.
The boyfriend is over at the house constantly and a nuisance.
I made a direct point to them that they are not allowed in the house without an adult present.
They adhere to that rule and sit on the porch.
The problem is this:
When the adults are at work (9-5) or out for a few hrs. on the weekend the boy is over all the time.
Since the adults are not at home we have no way to enforce that rule.
This minor has worn out his welcome with me as he is over constantly.

What are my rights?
You have the right to tell him to leave and not come back.

My question is, have you told your stepdaughter that you do not want him over to the house and she allows him to come anyway? If so, how is her father/mother punishing her for this? Where is her father/mother?

bolex7

Neal1421 said:
You have the right to tell him to leave and not come back.

My question is, have you told your stepdaughter that you do not want him over to the house and she allows him to come anyway? If so, how is her father/mother punishing her for this? Where is her father/mother?
Thank you, and how can you enforce that?...legally.
AFA your q's, I have not stated to the 16 yr. old that I do not want him over while
we are not home, we started with the no boyfriend in the house rule but they are taking an inch and going for a mile. I have left a phone message with the father of the boy with no response. Summer is around the corner and I'm being proactive in this situation.
The mother lives with me.
AFA the real father...MIA for years.

S

shell007

OP: You have control over your daughter NOT THE BF.
Is he abusive to her in any way?

If not...how about considering these options:

1. TELL the daughter, NO GUESTS (MALE OR FEMALE) when you are not at home.
2. As for the summer, maybe daughter could get a summer job to occupy some her of time.
3. Tell your daughter that IF she doesn't start following the rules, you will put up a hidden camera and when/if she has BF over, she will certainly be caught with her hand in the cookie jar.
4. If she doesn't follow the rules....start stripping her from any/all privileges.

On the other hand, the fact that BF is always at your home and is a nuisance, think about this....better for your daughter to be at YOUR home under your watchful eye instead of somewhere else. Sorry to say, but reality is that if they want to be together...THEY WILL FIND A WAY.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">