• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile Probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alex_loth

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

When I was sixteen I ran away from home and stole my moms car. Im pretty sure the charges were a class d felony and running from home. I got six months of formal probation. I got off early and never failed a drug test. I am now seventeen and turning eighteen in a couple weeks. A couple nights ago I was charged with possession of marijuana. I was wondering what the repercussions would most likely be in my situation. I also heard that if you turn eighteen while on probation you have to still abide by your parents rules and you cant move out if they don't want you to until your probation is over. I was wondering if this was true.

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

When I was sixteen I ran away from home and stole my moms car. Im pretty sure the charges were a class d felony and running from home. I got six months of formal probation. I got off early and never failed a drug test. I am now seventeen and turning eighteen in a couple weeks. A couple nights ago I was charged with possession of marijuana. I was wondering what the repercussions would most likely be in my situation. I also heard that if you turn eighteen while on probation you have to still abide by your parents rules and you cant move out if they don't want you to until your probation is over. I was wondering if this was true.
If you get placed on juvenile probation, you remain a juvenile until you complete probation. A standard condition will be that you live with and obey your parent(s). That means you live at home.

xylene

Per your post, your probation is over?

If so, the charges hit you just as they would if you were someone with felony paper.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">