• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeul

What is the name of your state? Colorado
Does anyone know how long a "permanent" restraining order lasts
?
I know, I know--it says permanent-but I have heard a couple of different things. One is that it only lasts until the child is 18 and then has to be reheard. Another is that it only lasts for 3 years. Here's the situation-my son was in the beginning of eighth grade and was being harrassed by a female student--small town-female and family well-known. He had had enough one day when she had treated him like he was dirt in class and she was laughing at him and he said "you won't be laughing in your grave" Big stink-son was arrested and had to go to mental hospital for evaluation and when he returned we had to go to court for a restraining order case. Of course because the Mother used to work w/the judge and she had obtained my son's school's disciplinary record (two fights) she won the restraining order. We no longer live there and my son will be 18 in a month. What do we need to do to get the restraining order lifted and off of his record, if possible. And how do you get juvenile records sealed?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">