• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvenile son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

plsassist

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

A missing persons exploited children report was filed on my son by his father recently. Since I am their mother, I phoned the police department to inform them he is with me. The police officer informed me his father stated he had no idea where we were and had no way to contact us. He also said because his father told him this he recommended the report be filed in attempt to locate him. I told the police officer his father had a way to contact us and had spoken to his son since the report was filed. What I did not tell the officer is that his father has been stalking us and we are currently living in a Domestic Violence shelter in attempt to be safe from him. The call to the police department was made from the shelter so the officer has the phone number. The officer handling the case said he would talk to my son's father and get back to me, but I haven't heard from him yet. Due to the situation, can I file harassment charges against him since I have legal custody of our son? Is there anything else I can do? The full extent of this situation is unknown to me.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

A missing persons exploited children report was filed on my son by his father recently. Since I am their mother, I phoned the police department to inform them he is with me. The police officer informed me his father stated he had no idea where we were and had no way to contact us. He also said because his father told him this he recommended the report be filed in attempt to locate him. I told the police officer his father had a way to contact us and had spoken to his son since the report was filed. What I did not tell the officer is that his father has been stalking us and we are currently living in a Domestic Violence shelter in attempt to be safe from him. The call to the police department was made from the shelter so the officer has the phone number. The officer handling the case said he would talk to my son's father and get back to me, but I haven't heard from him yet. Due to the situation, can I file harassment charges against him since I have legal custody of our son? Is there anything else I can do? The full extent of this situation is unknown to me.
What court orders exist? Are you married to dad? What evidence do you have that dad is a danger to his son? How old is the son? And truthfully this is in the wrong part of the forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">