• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juveniles will be Juveniles

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

a2cntryboy

Texas
:eek: A neighbors juvenile son and his friend were caught by the police stealing items out of neighbors vehicles I was told more than 30 items by the police they took my TomTom and my Canon camera with all the accessories out of my truck I got the TomTom back but was told the camera has not been recovered and the investigation is still under way by the police if my camera is not returned what can I do to get compensated for the camera ? :(

dave33

Texas
:eek: A neighbors juvenile son and his friend were caught by the police stealing items out of neighbors vehicles I was told more than 30 items by the police they took my TomTom and my Canon camera with all the accessories out of my truck I got the TomTom back but was told the camera has not been recovered and the investigation is still under way by the police if my camera is not returned what can I do to get compensated for the camera ? :(
This is now a criminal case. When the investigation is concluded and this matter goes through the court system than make sure you talk to the prosecutor (as a victim) and request the camera be included in the defendants restitution.goodluck.

a2cntryboy

Camera Snathcer

Can you prove they took the camera and TomTom, instead of leaving the camera to be stolen by someone else 10 minutes later?
The police returned the GPS to me it was included in all of the items they had stolen so why would a thief not take it at the same time ?:rolleyes:

a2cntryboy

Courts

This is now a criminal case. When the investigation is concluded and this matter goes through the court system than make sure you talk to the prosecutor (as a victim) and request the camera be included in the defendants restitution.goodluck.
Being that I am one of the victims will I have to confront the prosecutor or will they contact me to see if I want to pursue this and get back what is rightfully mine. :rolleyes:

Being that I am one of the victims will I have to confront the prosecutor or will they contact me to see if I want to pursue this and get back what is rightfully mine. :rolleyes:
You won't have to "confront" the prosecutor. You should go ahead and make the first step and contact them. Let them know you are a victim in XXXX case and need to speak with the prosecutor handling it. Let the prosecutor know that you never recovered your camera and follow up to see if an order for victim restitution will be made. They are on your side, they are not going to fight with you or cross examine you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">