• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvennile Gun Law.. BB/Pellet Gun??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Florida

I apologize in advance if this is not posted in the right area.

Can someone tell me at what age can a minor possess/shoot a BB/Pellet gun of course WITH Adult supervision in Florida? :confused:

The reason I am asking this is because my niece age 12 shot herself in the arm yesterday with a BB/Pellet gun while visiting her father. Her mom picked her up at grandparents house today and was told of the incident. My niece also passed out after it happened. The father did not take my niece to the hospital.

My sister called the peditrician and told him about it and he told her to get her to the ER ASAP. Upon arriving at the ER my sister was met by the Dr., a Deputy and also DCF.

After my niece was examined, x-rays and so forth she was released.

However, the Deputy spoke with my sister asking for my nieces, fathers address. They were going to go and arrest him on 3 charges. In this case I can see why.:rolleyes: He is on probation, he did not seek medical treatment and did not supervise her while she was shooting the gun.

Which brings me to wanting to know the law as far as a minor possessing/shooting a gun. I have two boys 11 and 8 years old. I do allow them to shoot their BB/Pellet gun ONLY when my husband or myself is right there with them. They both have expressed interests in wanting to go hunting. Of course as powerful as a shotgun or rifle is I don't for see that happening for a few more years anyways. But I thought they could practice in the meantime with their BB/Pellet gun as far as target shooting.

:eek: By all means before I get hauled off to jail I would like some insight on the Juvenile Law concerning this issue. I will get rid of it in a heartbeat of I am violating the law by allowing them to shoot it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">