• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvie probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shaunsk8

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca

i'm on juvenile probation. i stayed over @ a friends house for 2 nights and my PO has gotten mad about it. he says i have to stay where i live and he might file probation violation. my probation contract says the address i have to live @. it doesn't say that i have to sleep there every night and i don't have a curfew that i have to be home by. my contract does say about informing the PO within 48 hrs if your residence changes. but it's not like i moved...i still live at my home.
can the PO really give me violation over this or do u think hes just trying to scare me? i haven't gotten in trouble on probation, cept 1 time when i got suspended but nothing happened.

OHRoadwarrior

Then explain to him you are sorry, you did not understand what was required of you and you won't do it again. Clarify his expectations.

i'm on juvenile probation. i stayed over @ a friends house for 2 nights and my PO has gotten mad about it. he says i have to stay where i live and he might file probation violation. my probation contract says the address i have to live @. it doesn't say that i have to sleep there every night and i don't have a curfew that i have to be home by. my contract does say about informing the PO within 48 hrs if your residence changes. but it's not like i moved...i still live at my home.
can the PO really give me violation over this or do u think hes just trying to scare me? i haven't gotten in trouble on probation, cept 1 time when i got suspended but nothing happened.
Since you just finished a criminal case contact the attorney who represented you and/or your public defender and get their opinion on your probation terms. If your PO is harassing you and it's not in the terms your attorney can also petition the court for the court to clarify its order so that PO knows what rules he or she is supposed to actually be enforcing in your case.

Last edited:

CdwJava

Did you stay at this house with the express permission of your parent or guardian?

Understand that it is quite easy for them to change the conditions of your probation so if you do not want to see a curfew or other restrictions, you might want to do as suggested - apologize, explain the misunderstanding, and agree to go by whatever rules are imposed. You can also choose to go into custody at juvenile hall and have mom and dad (or whoever your guardian is) pay the $200+ per day that it will cost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">