• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Juvinile parole extradition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tweety116118

Juvinile parole extradition, please help!!

:mad: :confused: What is the name of your state? Ohio

My husband lived in california before he moved here. He moved here in aug of 2003, coming right out of a CYA (youth authority) He was suppose to be on juvinile parole untill he was 25(he is 22 now). His case was transferred here when he moved in 2003. In aug of 2004 his juvinile parole officer sent him a paper telling him that he was discharged from juvinile parole. He has recently got in trouble and is in jail and even if the court let him out he couldnt get out because california has a hold on him for a parole violation. I checked with his past juvinile parole officer to make sure that he was discharged and he confirmed that he was in aug of 2004. I then called california and asked them and they said that his ohio parole officer cannot let him off of parole without california's permission and that they did not give him permission to discharge him and he should still be being seen. My husband then talked to the sherriffs deputy at the jail and he said that two states cannot have someone on parole for the same thing, if his case was transferred to ohio it is up to ohio to discarge him and that if he takes in the papers that says he was discharged that he will win the case and stay in ohio. When I talked to his parole officer from ohio to check with him about my husbands case, he didnt understand why california would have a hold on him because he hasnt had anything to do with that case in almost 2 years and from his knowledge it was over and done with. I was hoping to get the truth on this....because of right now, from what california said, my husband is going to get extradited to california and will do his time and then spend 6 months after he gets out on probation to see if he will get in any more trouble....and his family is here, he has a wife and daughter here and they pretty much blew me off and said 'all well'...so I would like to know if he would have to do that 6 months in california and if california can extradite him if he has the paper work saying he was discharged from ohio. Please help!!!! Please, anything!

(a whole bunch of people have looked at this, and still no one knows anything to say or has a guess or anything...whats up...i really need help, he has court on aug 11th, the day after his daughters 2nd birthday....i need help!! please!!!!!!!)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">