• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LA: 16 yr boy & 14 yr girl had consensual sex. Any criminal charges?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sparkle263

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

My friend has a daughter who turned 14 in Nov 2007. The girl just told her mom she had consensual sexual intercourse with her 16 yr old boyfriend a couple of weeks ago. :eek:
(She said they did use a condom - Thankfully - And the mom has already made her a doctors appointment.)
Otherwise she is a good kid, good family life, no major family, school or behavior issues.

Need advice on Louisiana Laws, Can either child face any criminal issues?

Personally both me and the girl's mom want to knock the $@#* out of the two of them, and slap a steel chastity belt on her, but we can't do that.

I am hoping that maybe if there are some criminal or such issues they can be facing, maybe we can at the least scare the crap out of her for at least a few more years)

Any other advice is also welcome!

Sparkle 263

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The age of consent is 17. They raped each other and can be considered sex offenders for the rest of their life which will impact where they can live, what they can do and if they can actually parent any children in the future. The sixteen year old is most likely to be charged for a lot of public policy reasons and could spend some time in trouble. How is that for scaring them.
You however as a friend have no right to do anything. Unless you want to report it to the police and let them investigate the rape. The sex crimes unit would be your best bet.

Sparkle263

You however as a friend have no right to do anything. Unless you want to report it to the police and let them investigate the rape. The sex crimes unit would be your best bet.
No I understand I don't have anything to do with it really
(unless of course I thought an adult was allowing it or contributing to it).

I'm just trying to find info and advice to pass on to my friend.
Also, I have an 8 yr old daughter - who is developing way too quickly for me - , so this info may come in handy, to try to prevent the same for her in the future.

Sparkle263:cool:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Legally, it was not consentual sex since under the law, a 14 year old cannot consent to sex in ANY state and a 16 year old cannot consent in your state.

So even if the 14 year old tore off her clothes and BEGGED the 16 year old to have sex with her, it was still not consentual since she is not legally allowed to consent.

pauldruck

wow...you all don't have any idea what you're talking about

what those kids did isn't even kinda illegal. If the age of consent is seventeen, that means anyone over the age of seventeen can't legally have sex with anyone under fifteen without it being a felony. Oddly enough in louisiana's backwoods laws it's still a misdemeanor if a seventeen year old has sex with a 15 of 16 year old. But, in this case both kids were under the age of consent so the laws don't even apply. No matter how much the parents don't like it, those kids can have sex all they want.....at least until he's seventeen. If they don't want their kids doin' it maybe they should try being a parent and not lettin their daughter go out where she can see the kid. The point is, parents have know idea what growing up this day in age is like. Like it or not, kids are growing up faster. If every kid that had sex under the age of sixteen was charged with statuitory rape the results would be staggering. I grew up in the nineties, and although I waited...I'd say well over half of the kids in my school didn't. That doesn't make them criminals. Face it, no matter how naive you may think your friends daughter is....she probably comes into contact with sex/drugs/violence more on a daily basis than you do.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
what those kids did isn't even kinda illegal. If the age of consent is seventeen, that means anyone over the age of seventeen can't legally have sex with anyone under fifteen without it being a felony. Oddly enough in louisiana's backwoods laws it's still a misdemeanor if a seventeen year old has sex with a 15 of 16 year old. But, in this case both kids were under the age of consent so the laws don't even apply. No matter how much the parents don't like it, those kids can have sex all they want.....at least until he's seventeen. If they don't want their kids doin' it maybe they should try being a parent and not lettin their daughter go out where she can see the kid. The point is, parents have know idea what growing up this day in age is like. Like it or not, kids are growing up faster. If every kid that had sex under the age of sixteen was charged with statuitory rape the results would be staggering. I grew up in the nineties, and although I waited...I'd say well over half of the kids in my school didn't. That doesn't make them criminals. Face it, no matter how naive you may think your friends daughter is....she probably comes into contact with sex/drugs/violence more on a daily basis than you do.
Bull. You are wrong and if you keep stating legal falsehoods you will be banned. They can be charged with statutory rape plain and simple. Now ehther they would be prosecuted is up to the local prosecutor. But you are so far off base that you are in the outfield. Do not speak of the law when you don't know it. He can be charged with statutory rape if one of her parents files a complaint.

pauldruck

hmmm...well, guess what. I read the Louisiana laws concerning statutory rape...and it doesn't say a damn thing about two kids under the age of consent. Maybe you should have a look at it. Actually, why don't you just stick to the "they raped each other" theory. Because that sure doesn't sound like pure nonsense. LOL
Pfft!! Raped each other!? Lmfao!!!!

seniorjudge

§43.1. Sexual battery

A. Sexual battery is the intentional engaging in any of the following acts with another person where the offender acts without the consent of the victim, or where the act is consensual but the other person, who is not the spouse of the offender, has not yet attained fifteen years of age and is at least three years younger than the offender:

[read the rest here: http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78532

and also:

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?folder=88]

pauldruck

§43.1. Sexual battery

A. Sexual battery is the intentional engaging in any of the following acts with another person where the offender acts without the consent of the victim, or where the act is consensual but the other person, who is not the spouse of the offender, has not yet attained fifteen years of age and is at least three years younger than the offender:

[read the rest here: http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78532

and also:

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?folder=88]
"and is at least three years younger than the offender"

Thanks for the help making you look ignorant

raped each other. Hahahahahaaaa!

pauldruck

I give up...what are you talking about? :confused:
Read the description of sexual battery that was just posted. It says that if the victim is under fifteen then the occused must be at least three years older. Being as the girl in question is fourteen and her boyfriend is sixteen it's not against the law. 14 and 16 are only two years apart according to the laws of mathematics. So.... Like I've said, it's not illegal.

pauldruck

And what are you talking about?

I never said "raped each other".

You owe me an apology.
Oh my god, I do. I apologize, I'm so sorry. I mistook your post, I thought it was from ohiogal. She's been debating this with me. My mistake, I don't know how I got so confused. Once again I apologize.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">