• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal age for minors to date adult?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_curious

wait... wait a second.... i guess I didn't understan dwhat you sai dthen because... seriously, my reply form my understanding, there is nothing gross about what I said... I must have misunderstood what you meant lol.

Isis1

wait... wait a second.... i guess I didn't understan dwhat you sai dthen because... seriously, my reply form my understanding, there is nothing gross about what I said... I must have misunderstood what you meant lol.
no, we didn't misunderstand you. there was a poster earlier this month asking almost your same questions, but from your boyfriend's side. very "preacherlike". and now i'm a tad bit worried that it was him. your boyfriend posting, that is.

Last edited:

Rushia

Rushia, haha yeah it kinda does. I'm super careful becaus ei do keep in mind that i'm young and my heart can change, but him and I both agree that in the midst of his relationships and my crushes, we haven't felt liek this about anyone bfore. So we decided we'd go into this with caution. Our relationship is strange cuz we arne't all lovey dovey. It's like... lets pray together, and do bible studies, cuz we both are Chrisitians. I mean, it's the simple things we love. So we are having a hard itme convincing everyone else that's hwo that is. lol I'm sure u coudl understan dthat....
No. I can't understand that. This man is in a position of power over you. I would suggest that if you really feel that you need religious guidance that you discuss this with an older pastor. I think he'd be upset that a member of his flock is attempting a relationship with a MUCH younger parishioner.

At 15 you have NOT found the love of your life, trust me, you haven't. I can't even tell you who I dated when I was 15. You are telling me that this "man" is at least almost 10 years older than you are. Your "relationship" is NOT healthy.

I do realize that some older/younger relationships work out as I am the product of such a relationship. Not all those relationships are issues of control (My mom wears the pants in her house). Due to certain circumstances, my mother was pushed into adulthood at the age of 16 and she met my father who was 32 and divorced. My mother was clear on her end of things and she still waited until she was 18 before she committed herself to him and 35 years later they are still together. So you see, if it's "true" love he'll let you alone until you are 18 and THEN you can have your relationship. Go out, be a kid.

Rushia

hmmm.... that's strange.... what did he say exactly.. and why r u "ewing" about it? if i may ask...
Because he was disgusting. He attempted to tell us that Jesus told him that the girl was his wife "in the eyes of the Lord" and that gave him the right to have sex with her. He was a sicko who used religion to get to a child which is what we suspect that your bf is doing. Older persons in a position of power over a child attempting a relationship is not healthy. Consult with an older pastor or join a youthgroup that he isn't presiding over. I'll discuss religion with you if you wish as I used to run a youthgroup myself, although I have become Catholic now. Just for you to note: I am a 34YO female, happily married with 3 children and I promise that I won't flirt with you during any discussion that you wish to have with me in private regarding religion.

lil_curious

Rushia, you have no idea how good that makes me feel lol. We want to and plan to do that. Wait for me. And i tihkn that makes me more comfortable to say that, I am ALMOSt 16 in about a month , october 22, and he is 31. that's just abou tthe same age difference as your mom and dad? if not a year more than me and him. We want ot do the right thing and we both agree that waiting for me to turn 18 unless my parents agree that we can communicate again, is the safest and righ tthing to do. But yet again, i wanted ot make sure, that i knew what was going on around me when no one else would explain. That's hwy i cam eon here lol. thanks you tho.

lil_curious

Okay well I strongly doubt that was him posting because, we both strongly believe that sex is for marriage only and engagement doesn' tgive you any excuse to have sex because that;s still tno marriage. We are both strong in being pure and Godly people together and doing what's righ tand following God's orders over our desires. So, really, i do believe that wasn't him. I doubt he'd come on here too because, he's been talking to other people who know law that isn't an online thing. but, if i may ask, can you recall his username?

Isis1

Okay well I strongly doubt that was him posting because, we both strongly believe that sex is for marriage only and engagement doesn' tgive you any excuse to have sex because that;s still tno marriage. We are both strong in being pure and Godly people together and doing what's righ tand following God's orders over our desires. So, really, i do believe that wasn't him. I doubt he'd come on here too because, he's been talking to other people who know law that isn't an online thing. but, if i may ask, can you recall his username?
that's what he said too....with a twist...

Rushia

Rushia, you have no idea how good that makes me feel lol. We want to and plan to do that. Wait for me. And i tihkn that makes me more comfortable to say that, I am ALMOSt 16 in about a month , october 22, and he is 31. that's just abou tthe same age difference as your mom and dad? if not a year more than me and him. We want ot do the right thing and we both agree that waiting for me to turn 18 unless my parents agree that we can communicate again, is the safest and righ tthing to do. But yet again, i wanted ot make sure, that i knew what was going on around me when no one else would explain. That's hwy i cam eon here lol. thanks you tho.
NO. I told that story to make a point. I can guarantee that you haven't gone thru what my mother did and I will NOT post her story on the internet. My mother was FORCED to become an adult at an early age and this was almost 40 years ago. DO NOT PIN YOUR HOPES ON THIS MAN. This man IS TOO OLD FOR YOU. My father was also just some guy my mother met in a store, not her religious instructor. Do NOT talk to him again until you are 18 and I bet you wont' even think about him or he'll have forgot all about you.

lil_curious

um.. can you recall his username at all? i mean the only thing, because we do go to a Chrisitian chat where i've know him for about 2 years and he's maintained a reputation for being pure and helpful to others, but on there he goes byu spacemonk. lol it's weird and nerdy yes, but does that sound familiar at all???

Rushia

um.. can you recall his username at all? i mean the only thing, because we do go to a Chrisitian chat where i've know him for about 2 years and he's maintained a reputation for being pure and helpful to others, but on there he goes byu spacemonk. lol it's weird and nerdy yes, but does that sound familiar at all???
And that just made your relationship all the more horrible. You've been talking since you were 13 and he was 29? Not healthy AT ALL.

lil_curious

lol i didn't liek him then... he and i were just some members of a chrisitian chat. We've been getting ot know each other an dkinda dating for only four months. but just saying, that's how long i've known him as a mere aquaintance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">