• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal age for minors to date adult?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rushia

lol i didn't liek him then... he and i were just some members of a chrisitian chat. We've been getting ot know each other an dkinda dating for only four months. but just saying, that's how long i've known him as a mere aquaintance.
It's still not healthy. Please, please, please go and talk to another pastor. For him to have talking to you since the age of 13 and dating you at 15 1/2 when he is this old is very unsettling.

lil_curious

he's 31. my dad is the same age as his own mother. and my dad's parents were a model couple of their town and they were around 20 years apart. So, idk. But, I'm relieved ot know that wans' thim, although I didn' tthikn it was him. lol but... yes, I will nto talk to him. I trust God that if it's meant ot be, then in time , it will be proven and he will wait on me. And if it's not meant to be, it just won't work out. but anyways. idk. Righ tnow, i can't do anyhting. so thank you all, but i have ot go now. thank you.

Rushia

he's 31. my dad is the same age as his own mother. and my dad's parents were a model couple of their town and they were around 20 years apart. So, idk. But, I'm relieved ot know that wans' thim, although I didn' tthikn it was him. lol but... yes, I will nto talk to him. I trust God that if it's meant ot be, then in time , it will be proven and he will wait on me. And if it's not meant to be, it just won't work out. but anyways. idk. Righ tnow, i can't do anyhting. so thank you all, but i have ot go now. thank you.
That's the best thing that you can do. My offer stands though, if you want to talk religion, you can pm me.

TinkerBelleLuvr

lil_curious -

You have a lot of changes that are still to come. You are NOT ready for any long term commitment, except the one to school and your religion.

This man is twice your age. That he would look to someone so young states that he is looking at his from a control perspective or he really cannot relate to people his age which raises big, huge red flags.

all I can say is Been there, done it - it ultimately is about sex and control.

Obey your parents on this one - their instincts are most likely correct on this one.

Isis1

so i did some googling on spacemonk....and am seriously concerned for the OP. OP, have you MET this man? has your parents MET this man.

i'd buy a shotgun immediately if you were my daughter.:mad:

Rushia

lil_curious -

You have a lot of changes that are still to come. You are NOT ready for any long term commitment, except the one to school and your religion.

This man is twice your age. That he would look to someone so young states that he is looking at his from a control perspective or he really cannot relate to people his age which raises big, huge red flags.

all I can say is Been there, done it - it ultimately is about sex and control.

Obey your parents on this one - their instincts are most likely correct on this one.
Tink, that is why I finally posted my story. Those big red flags should have been there for my parents too and it wasn't and isn't the case. The difference is that my parents did wait until she was 18 and there were other factors involved as well. My father also was never in a position of authority over my mother at any point as is in this case. My father is literally a couple of years younger than my maternal grandparents.

Rushia

so i did some googling on spacemonk....and am seriously concerned for the OP. OP, have you MET this man? has your parents MET this man.

i'd buy a shotgun immediately if you were my daughter.:mad:
Wanna share? I'm only getting some weird rock group and some page with "adult material" I can view if I want too (and I don't).

Isis1

Wanna share? I'm only getting some weird rock group and some page with "adult material" I can view if I want too (and I don't).
i goggled spacemonk, i got some exchristian.net. up popped a video of a study on pedophila in the bible, where spacemonk gives a "preaching" in writing apparently in response to the video. (i was too grossed out to even watch the video lecture)

then spacemonk christian chat, brings you to a christian chat forum segregating adults, teens, men, women, and apparently spacemonk, but you have to sign in.

Just Blue

Because he was disgusting. He attempted to tell us that Jesus told him that the girl was his wife "in the eyes of the Lord" and that gave him the right to have sex with her. He was a sicko who used religion to get to a child which is what we suspect that your bf is doing. Older persons in a position of power over a child attempting a relationship is not healthy. Consult with an older pastor or join a youthgroup that he isn't presiding over. I'll discuss religion with you if you wish as I used to run a youthgroup myself, although I have become Catholic now. Just for you to note: I am a 34YO female, happily married with 3 children and I promise that I won't flirt with you during any discussion that you wish to have with me in private regarding religion.
I will confirm what Rushia is stating as I have PERSONALLY spoken with her. She is a WOMAN and "seems" "normal"...

For you Rushia::p

Seriously...In this day and age a 31 yo man that is putting the move on a 15 yo is really sick. ANY adult in a position of control or power over a child and behaves this way is not thinking of love.

Please...PLEASE...Stop seeing this guy. Listen to your parents. Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">