• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Age In Missouri?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cldjacobs

Missouri?

I know a 16 yr. old who had a baby in November of last year; she will be 17 around the 14th of February this year. She is currently being overseen by Family Services in OK but wants to move to Missouri after she turns 17 to live with her "finance" and his parents along with their baby. Will this be legal, if not what resources does she have to help her get out of an abusive house and allow her to continue to keep her baby and see the baby's father and his parents. She is currently living with her biological mother who has had two heart attacks, one yesterday; her mother allowed her "fiance" to live with them until yesterday when there was a family dispute and the mother was taken to the hospital because of a heart attack. I have personally seen where the mother (not the 16 yr. old) but her mother made scratches on the "fiance's" neck. The mother took herself out of the hospital against doctor's orders and has gone back to OK and made the 16-yr. old join her there.

I do not know what to do to help, and feel like I am being a bad person because I was not willing to go across a state line per a request from my own mother to bring the 16-yr. old and her "fiance" to Missouri from OK. Did I do the right thing and what advise do you have for me to help this girl. She loves her baby very much and from what I can see wants to make a good home for him. Please help me find out the right thing to do.

Thank you, cldj

Thank you so much for your guidance, I do not know where else to turn.

Last edited:

G

gretchen leslie

mom is in charge untill shes 18

Missouri?

I know a 16 yr. old who had a baby in November of last year; she will be 17 around the 14th of February this year. She is currently being overseen by Family Services in OK but wants to move to Missouri after she turns 17 to live with her "finance" and his parents along with their baby. Will this be legal, if not what resources does she have to help her get out of an abusive house and allow her to continue to keep her baby and see the baby's father and his parents. She is currently living with her biological mother who has had two heart attacks, one yesterday; her mother allowed her "fiance" to live with them until yesterday when there was a family dispute and the mother was taken to the hospital because of a heart attack. I have personally seen where the mother (not the 16 yr. old) but her mother made scratches on the "fiance's" neck. The mother took herself out of the hospital against doctor's orders and has gone back to OK and made the 16-yr. old join her there.

I do not know what to do to help, and feel like I am being a bad person because I was not willing to go across a state line per a request from my own mother to bring the 16-yr. old and her "fiance" to Missouri from OK. Did I do the right thing and what advise do you have for me to help this girl. She loves her baby very much and from what I can see wants to make a good home for him. Please help me find out the right thing to do.

Thank you, cldj

Thank you so much for your guidance, I do not know where else to turn.
its good you didnt take her across state lines, you could have found yourself in very serious legal trouble. unfortunatley, untill she is 18, her mom calls the shots. she stays where she is. and theres nothing either of you can do.

ceara19

its good you didnt take her across state lines, you could have found yourself in very serious legal trouble. unfortunatley, untill she is 18, her mom calls the shots. she stays where she is. and theres nothing either of you can do.
No. Had you actually READ the post instead of jumping in with another one of your asinine comments, you would see that FAMILY SERVICES is the one calling the shots, not mom.

Last edited by a moderator:

cldjacobs

That is why I told my mom that I would not cross the state line and do what she had asked me. I know enough about not transporting a minor across state lines. My mom was really mad at me to start with, but she is better today. Thank you for your response.

cldj

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">