• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal age to move out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SadieGirl17

In Indiana, is it legal for a 17 year old girl to move out of her parents' house without parental consent?:(

If the mother smokes marijuana and the rest of the family, :mad:minors included:mad:, is always drinking alcohol and partying, can the young girl move out of the house without her parents' consent?:confused: Please help me find a way out. I've been verbally and emotionally neglected and I want my life and dreams back.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The legal age to move out without consent, in all 50 states, is 18. The law does not change because of the mother's habits. There is not a law that says, Legal age to move out without consent is 18, unless the mother likes to party and smoke pot, and in that case it's 17.

Your "life and dreams" will still be there at 18. Trust me.

Indiana Filer

In Indiana, is it legal for a 17 year old girl to move out of her parents' house without parental consent?:(

If the mother smokes marijuana and the rest of the family, :mad:minors included:mad:, is always drinking alcohol and partying, can the young girl move out of the house without her parents' consent?:confused: Please help me find a way out. I've been verbally and emotionally neglected and I want my life and dreams back.
Your options are to stay with your parents until you turn 18, move out with your parents' permission, or to contact DCS to report the neglect. DCS may not substantiate the neglect (agree the neglect is bad enough the child needs to be removed.) If DCS does substantiate the neglect, it still doesn't mean you will get to move out. You might get put in foster care, or you might have to stay in the home with services provided to the family.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">