+ Reply to Thread
    harlequinforest is offline Junior Member

Legal age to move out in AL?

What is the legal age to move out in Alabama? It's either 18 or 19, I know that much. And if you're 18 and the legal age is 19, what options are there?
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequinforest
    What is the legal age to move out in Alabama? It's either 18 or 19, I know that much. And if you're 18 and the legal age is 19, what options are there?

My response:

Well, slow down there, little Cow Poke! First, in order to move out, when you live in Alabama, you have to prove you can play the Banjo, and prove whether you have enough money to buy your own single-wide trailer. Can you do those? If not, you can't be emancipated.

IAAL
    harlequinforest is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CALIF-LAWPRO31
    My response:

Well, slow down there, little Cow Poke! First, in order to move out, when you live in Alabama, you have to prove you can play the Banjo, and prove whether you have enough money to buy your own single-wide trailer. Can you do those? If not, you can't be emancipated.

IAAL

I'M sixteen, and I already got the OK to move out. I'm inquiring about someone else, and her parents won't let her move out. We don't want to be emancipated, I just want to know when she can pack up and leave without word. And if possible, could you please show me a reference to your answer?
    rmet4nzkx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harlequinforest
    I'M sixteen, and I already got the OK to move out. I'm inquiring about someone else, and her parents won't let her move out. We don't want to be emancipated, I just want to know when she can pack up and leave without word. And if possible, could you please show me a reference to your answer?
    So you want to shack up with her?
    Well you are talking emancipation if you are both minors.
    Here is the link to the state statutes
    [url]http://www.legislature.state.al.us/CodeofAlabama/1975/coatoc.htm[/url]
    Look up Title 26, Chapter 13 and Title 26, Chapter 1-1