• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal age to move out in AL?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harlequinforest

What is the legal age to move out in Alabama? It's either 18 or 19, I know that much. And if you're 18 and the legal age is 19, what options are there?

harlequinforest said:
What is the legal age to move out in Alabama? It's either 18 or 19, I know that much. And if you're 18 and the legal age is 19, what options are there?

My response:

Well, slow down there, little Cow Poke! First, in order to move out, when you live in Alabama, you have to prove you can play the Banjo, and prove whether you have enough money to buy your own single-wide trailer. Can you do those? If not, you can't be emancipated.

IAAL

harlequinforest

CALIF-LAWPRO31 said:
My response:

Well, slow down there, little Cow Poke! First, in order to move out, when you live in Alabama, you have to prove you can play the Banjo, and prove whether you have enough money to buy your own single-wide trailer. Can you do those? If not, you can't be emancipated.

IAAL

I'M sixteen, and I already got the OK to move out. I'm inquiring about someone else, and her parents won't let her move out. We don't want to be emancipated, I just want to know when she can pack up and leave without word. And if possible, could you please show me a reference to your answer?

rmet4nzkx

harlequinforest said:
I'M sixteen, and I already got the OK to move out. I'm inquiring about someone else, and her parents won't let her move out. We don't want to be emancipated, I just want to know when she can pack up and leave without word. And if possible, could you please show me a reference to your answer?
So you want to shack up with her?
Well you are talking emancipation if you are both minors.
Here is the link to the state statutes
http://www.legislature.state.al.us/CodeofAlabama/1975/coatoc.htm
Look up Title 26, Chapter 13 and Title 26, Chapter 1-1

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">