• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal consequences in Ohio age 14 and 16 sexual imposition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stevenpd

What is the name of your state? Ohio. My friend is 16 and his girlfriend is 14 and they engaged in sexual imposition both consenting to it. If the girl's father found evidence that this occurred and wanted to press charges against the 16 year old could he do this? There is also evidence that they both consented. If he pressed charges would this provide as any defense?

stevenpd

well i dunno i thot i read something in ohio law that stated sexual imposition was not illegal unless one person was between 13 and 16 and the other was over 18. They didn't have sex, just touched each other.

Some Random Guy

Looks like you are off the hook for "Unlawful sexual conduct with minor".

Most of the laws in this regard have an exception of you are under 18 and the other person is over 13.

Read all of the sex offenses to see if any apply to you.
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2907

Unlawful sexual conduct with minor
(A) No person who is eighteen years of age or older shall engage in sexual conduct with another, who is not the spouse of the offender, when the offender knows the other person is thirteen years of age or older but less than sixteen years of age, or the offender is reckless in that regard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">