• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal/love question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Akoni

Georgia:

Hey, I just been stressed out latly and found this place looking for some help. Lemme start by introducing myself. My name is Akoni (real name), I'm 19 years old and my girlfreind is 16 (3 years and 2 month age diff really isn't nothing compaired to alot of couples) I know that the age of concent in some states is 16 so that doesn't bother me. I visited her up in Washington just about 2 weeks ago and all that time I was happy because I missed her so much (I really didn't wanna go back "home") When I did return back home it turned out that her family didn't like me and are making up excuses as to why I'm not "good enough" for her.

I knew something was wrong because Fallon (girlfreind) was acting alot different as if she hated me..I knew somethign was wrong and after days of getting the story out of her I discovered the cause was her parents. latly she's been stressed and being lectured by everyone and she reached the point where she wants to run away and would even move in with her dad back in hawaii if she had to (to those of you who don't know the situation..her rather being with her dad is very bad because he neglects her and didn't even call for her birthday and he lives in his parents garage!)

She is 16 years old and would rather be with him instead of her family because latly they've been pushing her away and she's all frustrated and upset on a daily basis now and it hurts seeing her that way. She's a sweet girl who has a smile that will light your heart up and to go from that to almost being cold is a dramatic transition. My mom already told me that Fallon is welcome to be a part of the family because she is in love with her and is happy I found someone as wonderful as her .

So my question is, is there someway to get Fallon over here without having it be illegal (harboring a runaway is the term I think) by either state laws? If she did come over here wouldn't she be under GA laws instead of WA's? Maybe there is some sort of legal document my mom could sign to take custody over her without having Lynn (Fallon's mom) be involved (i.e signing a paper of some sort)?

Please..I love her so much and would want nothing more than to hold her again and see that smile of hers.

The Occultist

Taking a minor across state lines would get you into HUGE trouble. Do not even consider it.

The only legal way to make it happen is to have the permission of whomever has custody of her. That is the ONLY way. Other than that, you have to wait until she is 18. Sorry.

Akoni

Well..is 17 old enough? Waiting 2 years is kinda awhile..

Oh and also I discovered the main thing her family keeps lying about is me being lazy when i have a job and make more than minimum wage ($10) Have any advice on what I can do to prove her family wrong without having them punish Fallon?

Another thing I'd like to know is what if she ran away by her own choice and came here? What legal issues would that hold?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">