• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lied to cops, in trouble?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mansonsix

What is the name of your state? PA

This is actually for my little brother who I am trying to tell he may be in a lot of trouble. But i really need advice for him because i really dont want him in law issues. He recently went to a certain university and was cought drinking with friends in his friends dorm room. the police were called and they were all issued unserage citations. the thing is this, he used his old high school ID that simply has a picture of him, his birthdate and nothing else. The cop for some reason excepted this ID and continued to questions my brother. My brother lied about everythign to the cop, from the university he attended to our address , soc#, everything! and teh cop wrote it down. do you think he will really get away with this or is he in for more trouble? I ask for honest non bias to the fact he lied opinions. please, im really worried for him and he has only ten days to send in his citation with money.

Bretagne

He could get charged with another crime. In my state it would be "providing peace officer false information" or "obstruction of justice". If the ticket he got is a payable fine, then he should pay it ASAP and maybe he'll slip through without further charges.

Does the citation have the wrong address and stuff? All they really need to find your brother's real info is his name and his real birthdate.

I would pay the ticket and hope noone discovers the false information. If the ticket is promptly paid, chances are good that he may fly under the radar on this one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">