• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A little help here? Banned or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

argggghhh

Pennsylvania:

My friends Sumner (16), Kenny (16), and I (17) went to the Murrysville Fair last night, it is a fundraiser for the Murrysville Volunteer Fire Department. On the way to walk down from my car we passed this tollgate-thing that is used to stop cars from going down this one strip of pavement, it is owned by the MVFD. The arm part of the gate is very wobbly and I touched it as I walked past and it wiggled. Kenny pushed it a little harder just to make it wobble more and this time it snapped (it is made of wood we found out later). Two kids saw us do this and ran and told two volunteer firemen. The two firemen then came over to me and said, "You're the ****head who broke the gate.", which I then responded to by saying "No I didn't break it." They then grabbed me and began pushing me towards the firehall and saying that they knew it was me. Kenny walked over and said he did it so they said we both had to come with them. After sitting inside the firehall for quite some time, they moved us to a room and brought in Officer Bergamasco, who began treating us like we had just murdered a few infants and blown up a plane. We told him our story, which he didn't believe until it was confirmed on video tape, and he said that not only do we have to pay to fix the gate (and "there may be mechanical damage done" (not)), but we were banned from ever coming back and if we came back the next night (tonight) he would arrest us on the spot. I took a picture of the gate to make sure they don't try to screw us over on what we have to pay but I was wondering if that is legal for him to arrest me if I come back. The fair is on public property and a judge was never involved in Officer Bergamasco's decision. Can he arrest me? Also, what can I do to prevent them from tampering with the gate? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">