• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Little Peeping Tom!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeykat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts
My neighbor's visiting grandchildren look in my windows like little peeping toms. When I go out to try to tell them to stop, they run into their grandparent's house, so they obviously know it's wrong. I've repeatedly asked the grandparents (my neighbors) to put a stop to it, but it still happens. What can I do?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts
My neighbor's visiting grandchildren look in my windows like little peeping toms. When I go out to try to tell them to stop, they run into their grandparent's house, so they obviously know it's wrong. I've repeatedly asked the grandparents (my neighbors) to put a stop to it, but it still happens. What can I do?
How old are the children? Do you have any idea why the fascination with what goes on inside your house?

OHRoadwarrior

Don't tell anyone but if you go to a store, you can buy blackout blinds or curtains. You could also post no trespassing signs however I doubt the police will arrest little children. More importantly, why do you keep exposing them to portions of your body when you know they might be watching?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Don't tell anyone but if you go to a store, you can buy blackout blinds or curtains. You could also post no trespassing signs however I doubt the police will arrest little children. More importantly, why do you keep exposing them to portions of your body when you know they might be watching?
Assuming, much? When did OP ever say they're seeing him/her in any state of undress?

quincy

I did not assume anything. OP is apparently upset with their exposure, even if it is only their head.
You assumed joeykat was in a state of undress. That was in your head, OHR. It was not in the post.

If joeykat IS in a state of undress when he steps outside to tell the kids to stop peering in the windows, then he should be worried about violating a law or two.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You assumed joeykat was in a state of undress. That was in your head, OHR. It was not in the post.

If joeykat IS in a state of undress when he steps outside to tell the kids to stop peering in the windows, then he should be worried about violating a law or two.
ACTUALLY, even though the implication was glaring, OHR didn't say that the OP was in any state of "undress".

quincy

ACTUALLY, even though the implication was glaring, OHR didn't say that the OP was in any state of "undress".
Very true. I stand corrected. :)

The original post actually doesn't say anything about what the kids might be interested in. Perhaps joeykat has puppies that are drawing their attention, or rooms full of balloons visible from outside.

joeykat

How old are the children? Do you have any idea why the fascination with what goes on inside your house?
Quincy, there is one boy who is the instigator and always cons one or more of the other children into joining him. I can only guess at his age--I think he's around 10. And my honest opinion about why? I really think he's a budding pervert. He really seems to enjoy conning the others and getting them into trouble.

joeykat

Nothing to see.

Very true. I stand corrected. :)

The original post actually doesn't say anything about what the kids might be interested in. Perhaps joeykat has puppies that are drawing their attention, or rooms full of balloons visible from outside.
Quincy, it's only a home. No kids here, and so nothing like toys or balloons or anything super colorful. No puppies or kittens or bunnies or anything else like that. Regardless, there is no excuse for looking into a person's windows, whether they are open, closed, have shades or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">