• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Living with a sixteen year old states away from her parents.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lezlyte

Colorado

I met my girlfriend 5 months ago. She is 15, due 16 in August. I am 18, due 19 in August. She moved here with her father the previous June. His lease is up this June and he plans to go to Florida, where her mother lives.

Here is the scenario needed to be evaluated for legal pitfalls:

She attends school here, falsely providing our contact info as her father's.

While I'm sure the school would kick her out if they discover the contact info is false, what could happen to me?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Colorado

I met my girlfriend 5 months ago. She is 15, due 16 in August. I am 18, due 19 in August. She moved here with her father the previous June. His lease is up this June and he plans to go to Florida, where her mother lives.

Here is the scenario needed to be evaluated for legal pitfalls:

She attends school here, falsely providing our contact info as her father's.

While I'm sure the school would kick her out if they discover the contact info is false, what could happen to me?
Do you have mom's permission? You could be facing other charges -- contributing to the delinquency of a minor; kidnapping; unlawful sexual contact.
(1.5) Any person who knowingly, with or without sexual contact, induces or coerces a child by any of the means set forth in section 18-3-402 to expose intimate parts or to engage in any sexual contact, intrusion, or penetration with another person, for the purpose of the actor's own sexual gratification, commits unlawful sexual contact. For the purposes of this subsection (1.5), the term "child" means any person under the age of eighteen years.
Should we continue?

Lezlyte

Her parents do give their permission. I've checked Colorado state law and there is nothing against an 18 year old having sexual contact with a 15 year old. and to the wisecracker, I don't pick to date someone just because they are my own age. what a horrible base for a relationship.

Just Blue

Her parents do give their permission. I've checked Colorado state law and there is nothing against an 18 year old having sexual contact with a 15 year old. and to the wisecracker, I don't pick to date someone just because they are my own age. what a horrible base for a relationship.
The criminal statute was posted for you (post 7) by an attorney. If you have contradictory information please post the link for us to review.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I POSTED THE STATUTE. Did you read it? That statute is AGAINST you.

VeronicaLodge

ok how bout instead of saying "your own age" we say "adult" please pick an adult to date, no matter what the age is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">