• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Local Teenagers Terrorizing... What Can Somebody Do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mstry

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

The local teens are out of control here...

Since I am an employee of the local school system, I am the target of all of their "fun". They are engaging in the following activities in my yard on a REGULAR basis... this kind of stuff goes on after midnight usually, but not limited to weekends.:

Drano Bombs
Toilet Papering
Stealing
Trespassing
DEFECATING on my porch

What can I do? With the housing market so bad, and all of this stuff in a good market would probably make the house difficult to sell anyways... The police just do not patrol enough to catch anybody doing anything. I have talked to them, and they take the report and nothing happens. In some cases I even have names, but nothing gets done.

CdwJava

You can purchase a video system - maybe yard lights set on motion sensors to really give great picture quality when they show up. Maybe a very aggressive dog could help.

It can take time and can be a problem. But, surveillance systems can be relatively cheap these days, and very little scares people more than a dog.

Good luck.

- Carl

Mikef6301

I agree with Carl, purchase a video system. Also if you have them on tape and there is damages you may have a civil remedy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">