• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

looking for emancipation advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lookingforhelp

What is the name of your state?
The name of my state is Michigan

Dear whom it may concern,
I am a sixteen year old who is looking to get emancipated. I ran away from home about a year ago, and with a little help I have been doing fine. I have a good reason for leaving though. My mother and step father were both (and from what I know of still are) heavy cocaine addicts, and were the reason two years ago we lived in hotels for almost a year. My stepdad was very abusive verbally and physically through the years to my mother and me. They also do not have pretty records. My mother I believe has a warrant for her arrest still in Michigan for robbing the subway she used to work at. I could not take the enviroment any long, and since through the years noone has ever helped me in my cries for help. I decided to take things into my own hands finally, and decided to leave on my own. I do not yet have a job, because I have no way to get my birth certificate or social security card. I really do believe this is the chose for me. I am willing to work very hard to support myself. I am also and can't wait to finish my education.
Please I am just asking for some advice and help. I am wondering if I am eligiable to get emancipated, and if not what do I have to do to get this done and over with?

Thank you for your time. Can't wait to hear from you. You can contact me at my email [email protected]

Sincerely,
Looking for help

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
No court will emancipate a minor until and unless you are able to support yourself 100%. Sorry.

lookingforhelp

I can't support myself unless I can get my social security card and Birth certificate. Is there away to get those things without having to deal with my mother?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">