• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking for some clarification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mista_biggz

What is the name of your state? Washington

I'm 16 years old and a few weeks ago i was arrested for assaulting my father and threatening
my mother and sister with a knife, i admit that i have anger issues so please bear with me.
They took me to juvenile detention hall and i was released because i was a first time offender
my mother and father now just received confirmation that i will be tried for 4th degree assault
( for attacking my father) and 2nd degree assault (for the threatening with the knife.) i am worried about my future will these charges stay with me when i am an adult and what will the punishment be for my crimes. again i apologize to anyone if this is offending i have anger issues, but i really do need help thank you. :(

Raptoer

Ignoring the fact that you shouldn't be threatening members of your family with a knife... When you become an adult (age 18), assuming you are not on probation, and haven't been convicted of any crimes in the past 2 years, you can petition the court to seal your records. Kids are rash and make mistakes.

Violence is only an acceptable course of action when it is in self defense or defense of another from bodily harm. Shouting may hurt ears, but at least nobody gets really hurt. Calm discussions gets a lot more done than shouting or violence.

You're 16, 16 yr olds make mistakes, don't make this one again.

Last edited:

mista_biggz

Thank you so much Raptoer this really helps me out alot and again i am sorry for the violence that i did commit and it wont happen again. I did make a mistake and i will be taught a valuable lesson. i do love my family members dearly and we have already worked things out and they forgave me but it hurts me to what i did to them, i hope i havent caused them much harm. again i really thank you alot for the help and clarification i needed and this wont happen again. God bless. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">