• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost on were to begin with emancipation in Indiana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MegSean

Indiana I am a 17 year old girl who just found out that I am pregnant ! I know that i made a mistake and I am ready to step up and so is my babies father to do what is right. We are going to either have the baby and keep it or have it and give it up for adoption. I have a really good support system from the baby's dad's side of the family but have absolutely none from my family. My mother is telling me that the baby's father cannot have any part of its life or mine. She is also telling me that the only way she will support me is if i have an abortion, and that is out of the question. I have a plan to what we would like to do and make our lives right. I would like to get my GED, take night school to get a college education, and work full time in order to save money for out new addition. I also have plans to move in with my baby's father and his family to ease the stress and increase the support. I have no idea where to start with the emancipation process here in Indiana or what qualifies for emancipation grounds. Please help....

Desperatly looking for answers

AHA

"I would like to get my GED, take night school to get a college education, and work full time in order to save money "

How are you going to cram all of that in just a few months?

Happy Trails

MegSean said:
Indiana I am a 17 year old girl who just found out that I am pregnant ! I know that i made a mistake and I am ready to step up and so is my babies father to do what is right. We are going to either have the baby and keep it or have it and give it up for adoption. I have a really good support system from the baby's dad's side of the family but have absolutely none from my family. My mother is telling me that the baby's father cannot have any part of its life or mine. She is also telling me that the only way she will support me is if i have an abortion, and that is out of the question. I have a plan to what we would like to do and make our lives right. I would like to get my GED, take night school to get a college education, and work full time in order to save money for out new addition. I also have plans to move in with my baby's father and his family to ease the stress and increase the support. I have no idea where to start with the emancipation process here in Indiana or what qualifies for emancipation grounds. Please help....

Desperatly looking for answers
Since this has been answered numerous times, I ran a forum search for you and have provided you with the link:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/search.php?searchid=246164

There are at least 500. You will find out that you have to meet some strict requirements.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">