• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Louisiana mesed up my childs birth certificate!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbh2100

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

My daughter was born in Slidell Louisiana, at Northshore Hospital on 8/31/2001.
Her father was listed as unknown, and I had been separated for over a year when she was born. My ex husband was living in another state.
I received a call from Northshore when she was less than 3 weeks old telling me they has lost the birth certificate form I had filled out the day after she was born. I went down and filled out another, and asked if I could change her first name. They said yes.
So, for 4 years my child has been called Sara. She has been baptized with that name, all of her medical records are in that name, and she attends Private pre school with that name. I had never gotten a birth certificate for Louisiana, but have filled out numerous forms and sent in the fee 5 times!
Finally, they sent a birth certificate last year. WITH THE WRONG NAME!
They refuse to change her name, and they have put my ex husband’s name as the father. Okay, I understand that, we were still legally married, but her name is SARA!
Now, they want me to come back to Slidell, and go to court to change her name. I have talked to everyone in Vital Records (I think), but they will not clean up their mess.
Sara has no Social Security number; she is a non-person.
What can I do? I only want her to have the name I gave her when she was born, but they refuse to help. Northshore hospital made the mistake, and I have been trying to get Vital Records to correct this and send a birth certificate for four years.
Every time I called, I got a different person, and they said I needed a different form
I have done everything they asked, but they will not budge.
What now!
DBH

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">