• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIC/MIP Advice Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shoxter_7

What is the name of your state? South Dakota

Just need a little advice.

Here's what happened. I went to hangout at the Missouri River with my friends after work, some of which are and aren't 21. They had some beer while we were hanging out, I had two just to ease the stress from a week of work. I also had 2 gatorades after that to keep my hydrated and not make my condition worse. When we left three hours later we were stopped by a Game Conservation officer who saw my friend putting beer in the trunk of our car. However, none of us were 21. He ended up calling the sherrif in and we all openly admitted to drinking as to cooperate fully. He ended up giving us all MIPs even though we were all 20 and under the legal limit. I blew .03. I'm not trying to deny that I did something wrong. I'm just looking for some advice as to the best way to handle it in court. I have one previous MIP from 1.5 years ago. However, due to my future career as an engineer I would like to handle this the best way possible. Any help would be appreciated.

FlyingRon

Excuse me. The "legal limit" for those under 21 is ZERO. You were over the legal limit having any alcohol. You probably got things swept under the rug with a brief license suspension on your first MIP. You probably won't this time. A consultation with a lawyer familiar with the jurisdiction you are charged in would be useful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">