• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIC... need some advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

olypete

What is the name of your state? washington state

I am 18 years old and last saturday i revieved a Minor in consumption citation while at a friends house. the officer had me sign the citation and give me a court date for this friday. I have several questions that i cannot seem to find while researching online. If i plead guilty, pay the 250 dollar fee, and attend an educational class would i still lose my lisence? also this is my first criminal offense and would there be any deferral programs or anything of that nature to keep this offense off my record.

I do understand that i am guilty of this charge and willing to do the consequences but i am just asking for advice for the best possible outcome.

thank you,
pete

racer72

It will be up to the judge if you lose your license. The state laws that allowed adminstrative license suspensions was ruled unconstitutional. Talk to the prosecutor at your hearing and bargain for no license suspension.

olypete

thanks for that information.

a couple of my friends have talked about programs where you pay like 100 dollars for this class and have to fill out booklets and the MIC wont be on your record. does anyone know which program or some sort of deferral program would be the best.

thanks,
pete

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">