• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIC Ticket Help ASAP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lb22

What is the name of your state? Texas.

alright heres the deal, i got a minor in consumption ticket on the Fourth of July out on the lake. we get out there about 4 oclock and we all drink a beer together as a toast. i am then told how i am to be the designated driver of the boat if the captain gets too drunk, seeing as i am one of 2 minors on the boat, i of course quit drinking for the rest of the day. well towards the end of of the day around 8 oclock, we get pulled over by the game warden for one of the guys being too rowdy and pissin off other guests. he sees all the beer cans and liquor bottles so he asks who is all 21 and whos under 21. i say i'm under of course. he asked how much i'v had to drink, i say one beer around 4 then i stopped. and without testing me in any way to see if i was lying, drunk, or ne of that he writes me a ticket. i was wonderin if there is any way to get out of this because i was merely being honest about drinking that one beer hours before.?????

quincy

Even if you had only one beer hours before, that was still one beer more than you were legally able to drink....so I think you are pretty much screwed when it comes to having to pay for the ticket. Just pay it. (and I admire your honesty :) )

lb22

but he never saw me drink it, nor did he test to see if i had the alcohol on my breath. so i just screwed myself by being honest?

lb22

well what shud i do as far as the fine goes. i asked the like secretary i guess and she said the ticket is like 410.00. i dont have that kinda money lying around plus i got like apartment **** comin up for college and ****. there a way i can get it reduced some or something?

quincy

You could request community service. Or you could borrow the $410 and work out a payment plan, perhaps? And it wouldn't hurt to ask for a reduction - but I am not sure you would get one.

And lb22, honesty really IS the best policy...even though it may not seem that way right now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">