• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor & Adult dating laws....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_lee

Since the post is so old I can only tell others to look at the Genarlow Wilson case and others like it. Think about the hysteria that has gripped judges who are putting 10 year olds on the sex offender list. They put too many people on this list when only violent offenders should be listed. A 17 year old girl who had sex with a 15 year old boy, a 18 year old high school student who slapped a 14 year old girl on the ass, and this gem "A man who grabbed a 14-year-old girl's arm to chastise her after she walked in front of his car, causing him to swerve to avoid hitting her, must register as a "sex offender," the Appellate Court of Illinois has ruled."

One thing I don't understand if the age of consent is 16 in Washington was is there a problem?

The Occultist

Since the post is so old I can only tell others to look at the Genarlow Wilson case and others like it. Think about the hysteria that has gripped judges who are putting 10 year olds on the sex offender list. They put too many people on this list when only violent offenders should be listed. A 17 year old girl who had sex with a 15 year old boy, a 18 year old high school student who slapped a 14 year old girl on the ass, and this gem "A man who grabbed a 14-year-old girl's arm to chastise her after she walked in front of his car, causing him to swerve to avoid hitting her, must register as a "sex offender," the Appellate Court of Illinois has ruled."

One thing I don't understand if the age of consent is 16 in Washington was is there a problem?
Dear lord!!!!! Is anybody paying attention anymore?!

CdwJava

I am 16 and my boyfriend is 19. My parents do not approve. In ohio is there anything she can do legally to him if we arnt having sex?
Restraining orders ... charges for contributing to your delinquency ... if he is encouraging or assisting you in disobeying your parents, he can potentially be charged with an assortment of crimes.

- Carl

mmmxpoptarts_

Okay, my friend was wondering since her dad brought this up:

If she's 16, and her boyfriend is 18 but just turned 18 and they've been dating for longer than he's been 18, is it legal for them to still be together?

(this is for the state of California)

Last edited:

Just Blue

If she's 16, and her boyfriend is 18 but just turned 18 and they've been dating for longer than he's been 18, is it legal for them to still be together?

Start your own thread.

CdwJava

Please start your own thread for further.

But, dating is not a crime ... fondling, groping, and sex by the adult ARE crimes.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">