• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor child staying with me- mom kicked him out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KCC4

My son's 15 year old friend was kicked out by his mother. She took his house keys and hasn't been in touch. She knows where he is and has our contact info. We would be happy to let him live with us as long as he needs to, but don't want to be violating any laws on our end. What responsibilities do we have to the mother, and when is it considered abandonment in Ohio? If she told me to bring him home I would, but she's not very stable and I know he is happier with us. Is there anything we can do to help this child?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My son's 15 year old friend was kicked out by his mother. She took his house keys and hasn't been in touch. She knows where he is and has our contact info. We would be happy to let him live with us as long as he needs to, but don't want to be violating any laws on our end. What responsibilities do we have to the mother, and when is it considered abandonment in Ohio? If she told me to bring him home I would, but she's not very stable and I know he is happier with us. Is there anything we can do to help this child?
Where is this child's father? No this is not abandonment. Contact the child's father.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">