• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor Consumption, 2nd offense looking at 30 days.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Christophorus

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I recently was cited for MIC on New Years Eve. I was in my home (left to me as part of a trust from a deceased relative) and the police arrived. They were called regarding a complaint of trespassing by the "caretaker" of the house. Some moron accidentally called her from the house, leading her to believe that squatters or whatnot were in there. She was previously the tenant, but she left and abdicated responsibility regarding the property.

Section 5d of the NRS code dictates that the charge does not apply in a "private club or private establishment". Since I was drinking in my house, does this count as a private club or establishment?

Also, I have social anxiety, any space with a large number of people will reduce me to a state of panic that will allow for actions that would endanger myself or other inmates. Can I be remanded to a psychiatric hospital or at least request constant isolation/solitary confinement?

seniorjudge

Q: Section 5d of the NRS code dictates that the charge does not apply in a "private club or private establishment". Since I was drinking in my house, does this count as a private club or establishment?

A: Yes if your house is licensed as a private club or establishment and no if your house is not licensed as a private club or establishment.

Q: Also, I have social anxiety, any space with a large number of people will reduce me to a state of panic that will allow for actions that would endanger myself or other inmates. Can I be remanded to a psychiatric hospital or at least request constant isolation/solitary confinement?

A: I have no idea what "social anxiety" is but if you think that will keep you from serving time, then I suggest that you bring a notarized affidavit from your medical doctor stating what this thing is and how it affects you. I really wouldn't expect it to work, but you can try.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">