• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in Consumption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duffman8813

Texas

Recently i went to a friends house and their was about 10 people at his house. Im not new to drinking but im no expert. I had been drinking all week with family and really didnt need anymore but when one of my best friends showed up and handed me a beer i couldnt refuse him. I finished about 80% of the beer and then lost it outside somewhere. After smoking a couple ciggarettes with my friend a house alarm went off. It turns out that some kids where rough housing and set off an alarm. Cops came and to my complete suprise, my friend whos father owned the house, let the cops in and told them that people had been drinking. The police report says that he arrived out of breath and in shock. After the cops gathered all of the kids together, they checked my breath and said that i had been drinking. I accepted the charged and admitted to my offense. i was gracious with the cops and made sure to say my yes mam's and no mam's. (their was a female cop and a male cop present) I called my dad to come pick me up and just as he was arriving marijuana was found. Luckily the female cop told my dad that she did not think i was under the influence of marijuana and that she would know. It doesnt help that one of my friends hid in a closet but thats his mistake. I do remember hearing the cop yell, "get down mother ****er" to him but i guess thats cop regulation. TO be honset i dont care what it costs, i just want this off my record. What is the average community service given? how much money will it cost? the cop said that the ticket would be 100 but that their would be more fines. lastly, Will i have to take a drinking class? any advice would be appreciated

JETX

TO be honset i dont care what it costs, i just want this off my record.
Then you shouldn't have done it.

What is the average community service given?
There is no average... each court does their own 'thing'.

how much money will it cost?
Depends on how good your defense attorney might charge, plus what the fine (if any) might be.

Will i have to take a drinking class? any advice would be appreciated
With any luck, yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">