• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in consumption, no citation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bengal2

What is the name of your state? ND

I got a minor in consumption last night. My friends and I walked out of a party and i had a beer in my hand. The cop was outside hiding in some trees and jumped out when we came out, he took my ID and only wrote down my name, number, and social security number. He told me i had to take a breathalyzer. I was intoxicated, and i asked him what would happen if i didnt take it. He said i would get an MIP for the beer in my hand. I asked him if there were any legal difference between an MIC and MIP, such as punishment and consequences. He replied legally they were both the same and would be dealt with the same. So i just took the breathalyzer and blew positive. He said i got an MIC, but i never got a citation paper or anything. He said i could leave and i did, finally today he calls in the afternoon asking if i told my parents, which i did, he said he would take my word on it and hung up. Today i heard a rumor that we didnt get minors, i dont think this is true but i have heard we didnt. there were 9 minors given out that night, two 18 year olds recieved their court dates and papers already, and the rest of us under 18 have nothing. Does this make any difference? And is an MIP and MIC really treated the same?

The Occultist

It could be that the officer is cutting you a break and is hoping your parents will give you a sufficient punishment. On the other hand, there is still a lot of time that the officer can still press charges against you.

Bengal2

Thanks for the reply, how long is a lot of time? And if we do get citations and go to court, what can I expect as far as punishment? This is my first offense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">