• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor dating an adult

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

herdarkness

What's the name of your state? Ohio.

Ok. So my name is Emma and i have been dating my Girlfriend for 3 months and she is gunna be 18 in 2 months and I'm 15. My parents have been saying that if we get caught hanging out together or kissing or something that gets the police called on us that she's going to be going to jail for being with a minor and that she is responsible for me and me going to juvey if the police gets called... I am quite confused about my situation.. Does anyone know what I can do or say to my parents? I am going to be talking to two attourneys in a few days (they are old family friends and lesbians together) and see what they say about it. Well if anyone has a comment or knows what I should do please post a comment.
:(

Happy Trails

herdarkness said:
What's the name of your state? Ohio.

Ok. So my name is Emma and i have been dating my Girlfriend for 3 months and she is gunna be 18 in 2 months and I'm 15. My parents have been saying that if we get caught hanging out together or kissing or something that gets the police called on us that she's going to be going to jail for being with a minor and that she is responsible for me and me going to juvey if the police gets called... I am quite confused about my situation.. Does anyone know what I can do or say to my parents? I am going to be talking to two attourneys in a few days (they are old family friends and lesbians together) and see what they say about it. Well if anyone has a comment or knows what I should do please post a comment.
:(
Emma, I would suggest you listen to your parents, your girlfriend could get into legal troubles.

Until you are 18, they have say in what you are allowed and not allowed to do.

CdwJava

Fondling and groping a minor can get your friend arrested. Encouraging you to defy your parents might also result in your friend being charged for conrtibting to your delinquency or being an unruly child.

Date with your parents' permission, or she risks jail.

- Carl

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
magic55 said:
I am not going to start a fight here but to answer your question, no one is born a lesbian.
That's an opinion, and one that is being shown to be false in scientific circles.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Quite a few. There have been numerous studies done and reported on recently that show definite differences in brain structure and response between straight and gay men, as well as straight and gay women. Perhaps you should do some research.

(edit) Here, I started your research for you. http://www.thedmonline.com/media/storage/paper876/news/2005/05/10/LatestHeadlines/Differing.Brain.Response.Found.In.Homosexual.Heterosexual.Men-1593174.shtml?norewrite200606191208&sourcedomain=www.thedmonline.com

CdwJava

This is a pointless debate to get into folks, there are likely just as many sites to link to show that homosexuality is learned behavior, or developed as a combination of biological and sociological factors ...

The point is, why even get into this?

- Carl

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
CdwJava said:
This is a pointless debate to get into folks, there are likely just as many sites to link to show that homosexuality is learned behavior, or developed as a combination of biological and sociological factors ...

The point is, why even get into this?

- Carl
I know, Carl. I just despise ignorance. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">