• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor gets 3rd degree Felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wallyduq

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Okay so today my daughter's school had a huge drug bust and so my daughter's name got mentioned as someone that had bought Addarall in the past... Anyways they ended up searching her without a parent being present (She is only 14) and so when she was searched they found 1 addarrall and 3 Vyvanse a total of 4 pills of course none of them were prescribed to her. Long story short they arrested her and when I picked her up from Juvi they told me she was being charged with a 3rd degree felony. Do you all think this is correct for a 14 year old with first time offense and only 4 pills ? And should I go get a lawyer before her court hearing ?

What else should I expect to happen to her ? I'm still in shock that this would happen to my baby girl and would love any advise that anyone can give me.

WD

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Okay so today my daughter's school had a huge drug bust and so my daughter's name got mentioned as someone that had bought Addarall in the past... Anyways they ended up searching her without a parent being present (She is only 14) and so when she was searched they found 1 addarrall and 3 Vyvanse a total of 4 pills of course none of them were prescribed to her. Long story short they arrested her and when I picked her up from Juvi they told me she was being charged with a 3rd degree felony. Do you all think this is correct for a 14 year old with first time offense and only 4 pills ? And should I go get a lawyer before her court hearing ?
"Only 4 pills"... Four pills that happen to be amphetamines. In what is apparently a junior HS/middle school. That's really kind of serious. While this may be the fist time she's been caught, it sounds as though it's not the first time she's done this.

Yes, they can search her w/o a parent present.

And yes, you should absolutely get her a lawyer. ASAP.

What else should I expect to happen to her ? I'm still in shock that this would happen to my baby girl and would love any advise that anyone can give me.

WD
If this were my daughter, I'd be getting her into treatment for her drug problem.

CdwJava

WD
One additional note: This did not just "happen" to her. This is something that your daughter did ... to herself. It's not as if she stepped off the curb and got struck by a passing car - that's something bad that "happens" to someone. Unless someone sidled up to her and slid the pills into her pocket, this is something that your daughter has involved herself it.

Mom/dad, this doesn't make her evil, but it does mean that you need to be open to the possibility that there are some things about her that you do not know. She has a problem that needs to be addressed. And keep an open mind that there may be other things going on as well. And try not to buy the first story she gives you ... chances are good that it's a lie.

Good luck.

xylene

Just so you realize, the 3rd degree felony charge is already the lower charge for possession of these kinds of drugs.

You need to get a good lawyer for your daughter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">