• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor In Posession of Alcohol....Question...!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stohlok

What is the name of your state? Washington State

Alright my question is fairly simple, I was apparently "charged" with an MIP about two weeks ago and I have still yet to get anything in the mail. I never signed anything when it happened. Bassicly I was getting out of my car and about to head into my friends appartment with beer in hand when the police officer came walking up. He poured out my beer asked for my information and said I'd be getting something in the mail. Wallah it was over fairly quick.

Is it mandatory that I signed something? Or should I still be expecting something in the mail regardless... It's been two weeks and a day... I just want to know if I actually got it or not or if the nice man in blue decided to show mercy.

ps.my age is 19~

Thanks!

just keep waiting...it might take a while. It's also possible the police officer never filed the report. usually i thought if they caught a minor with alcohol they take him to his parents but since your 19 i guess he just lets you go. nothing you can do but wait. After another month if you don't get anything I'd say its a fair guess he never filed a report.

Shay-Pari'e

Hopkins306 said:
just keep waiting...it might take a while. It's also possible the police officer never filed the report. usually i thought if they caught a minor with alcohol they take him to his parents but since your 19 i guess he just lets you go. nothing you can do but wait. After another month if you don't get anything I'd say its a fair guess he never filed a report.
It could take months for the DA to mail him anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">