• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in posession of tobacco products in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carp3n0ct3m

What is the name of your state? California

I have a question regarding minors in posession of tobacco products. My sister recently recieved a ticket for being in posession of cigarettes and I've been looking around the net and noticed that many sites, and even on california's own site it says that a minor in posession of tobacco products is punishable by a $75 fine or 30 hours of community service, yet when we went to court today, they fined her $365. Does this sound right? How can the fine be that drastically different from what the California website says the fine is?

Any input on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help
-Justin

CdwJava

carp3n0ct3m said:
What is the name of your state? California

I have a question regarding minors in posession of tobacco products. My sister recently recieved a ticket for being in posession of cigarettes and I've been looking around the net and noticed that many sites, and even on california's own site it says that a minor in posession of tobacco products is punishable by a $75 fine or 30 hours of community service, yet when we went to court today, they fined her $365. Does this sound right? How can the fine be that drastically different from what the California website says the fine is?

Any input on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help
-Justin
Ask for a breakdown of the cost. This cost may also include program costs, court costs, counseling fees, attorney's fees, etc.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">