• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in Possession of Alcohol - PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dd0117

This question pertains to Pennsylvania Underage Drinking Law....

I have a 20 yr old daughter who "tailgates" in Philadelphia for the concerts and sporting events with her friends. Plain clothes state police and Philadelphia police have "raided" their area in the past and had the minors dispose of the alcohol and they are issued citations, and must appear in court. To my knowledge my daughter has never been cited but here is my question.
I know several of her friends who have had a minimum of 3 citations in the last year and they are only ever given a fine and/or community service. One has been required to take alcohol classes, but never have they lost their licenses.
Is it because they weren't driving that their licenses are suspended?
Are they just being given light sentences.
I am just curious because it seems that if the consequences aren't severe the actions will continue and noone learns.

Any information you can give would be appreciated...just trying to educate myself on this. TIA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">