• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor in Possession Charge.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loveofthemusic

What is the name of your state? Idaho

I'm 17 years old last night a couple friends and i were driving back to my house. I had went to a beer pong tournament earlier that day with some other friends and when i got home another friend called and asked if i wanted to hangout so i left. anyways at her house i had a couple more beers and she had half of one and then i decided i wanted to go home cause i had to work in the morning. so on the way home we were about to make a right turn and instead of turning on her blinker she turned off her lights, the cop swung around and pulled us over. he went through the standard questions and then asked us to step out of the car. he told me if i told him the truth i wouldn't get in trouble so i came clean and told him i had about 7-8 beers that night and now my friend was just dropping me off. and then asked my friend the same question and she told him she had about half a beer. he then gave us M.I.P's. we had nothing in the car and i was the only drunk one, we should have recieved M.I.C's. He also did not sign my ticket. I'd like to know why he was able to still give me a ticket when he said i wouldn't get in trouble if i told the truth and why i recieved and mip instead of an mic. and if some how i could get this dropped because of his mistake.

The Occultist

Police are allowed to lie in the pursuit of justice.

You "should" have gotten MIC's? Well...you can't be in consumption unless you were first in possession, right?

loveofthemusic

well i know people who got it dropped because the officer lied. but idk.

yes that is true but we did not have anything on us at the time there for it would have been a minor in consumption, not a minor i possession. not once through out the night did i or anyone else have beer or hard alcohol in the car.

loveofthemusic

umm i'm not exactly sure what that is or where i could find it on my ticket. there is an I.C code which is 23-949 if thats the same. i have no clue. =)

Happy Trails

umm i'm not exactly sure what that is or where i could find it on my ticket. there is an I.C code which is 23-949 if thats the same. i have no clue. =)
The Idaho statute lumps them all under one statute.

ICC 23-949 PERSONS NOT ALLOWED TO PURCHASE, POSSESS, SERVE,
DISPENSE, OR CONSUME BEER, WINE OR OTHER ALCOHOLIC LIQUOR

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">