• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor And The Sale Of Real Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rnenneau

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

10 years ago when my ex-husband and I divorced, he signed his interest in 10 acres of land to our daughter. This put the land in my and her name. We have a great offer to sale the land. The purchaser is paying cash, all closing, appraisal, and survey. Can I as a mother sign for her, can she have her minority status changed for this transaction only. I do not want her minority status permanently removed. My daughter is now 17. I am giving her all the money from the sale of the land. She wants to buy a new car and put the rest in an account for college and car expense such as insurance or other expense. How can we do this and what is the best cheapest way to sale the land?

Thanks,
Nancy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">