• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP for 16 yr. old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bkjj1986

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My son received an MIP based on BAC - not driving fortunately, even though the Officers did not see anything alcohol related at all on the premises. However, 2 kids freaked out and attempted to run but had the sense to stop when told to do so.
The officer administering the BAC test randomly picked who would be teted and let others just go home - one because he did not have any ID.
I have no problem with my son getting busted, since he did have a BAC higher than 0.02 and he says he was drinking. His consequnces are huge from more than one point as a result.
I need advice on this if it worth an attorney or not since this was first offense of any kind or just see if he can get a diversion program from the referee?

The kicker here is when I picked him and talked with the officer, he, the officer was the one who wreaked of alcohol and acted pretty toasted. This was during our community days delebration and I and others say him and other officers in uniform and on duty drinking beer at the beer tent. Some of the other parents, whom I only talked to on the phone asked me if I smelled the alcohol eminating from the officer - one even said she saw them drinking that evening. I know this is a moot point since no one was smart enough to take pics to prove this and facts are facts. Nice example to the kids who also saw them that day (some of them were busted that night). The other officer involved went to one of the local businesses yesterday and was naming names and laughing about it - again very professional. I am afraid of the consequences of going to the Sherriff about this.

What is the name of your state?

xylene

I am afraid of the consequences of going to the Sherriff about this.
Why?

Bottom line your kid is not getting off or not is only very remotely connected. Realistically - it isn't connected at all.

If you want to give it to the police, file a complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">