• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mip

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chink4eva1998

I am in California, me and my friends are all 16, we got some alcohol and were going to a friends house to drink. The alcohol was unopened and in the car. We parked and I was getting out of the car and some cops pulled up. The cops said we looked suspicious and asked if we had anything illegal on us, first we said no and then one of the cops pulled me aside and told me he just wanted to move on with this so just tell him so it will be easier, (sounding like he would let us go if i told him the truth), I told him we had alcohol. He told me to go grab the alcohol, and I did. He asked who's it was (it was all of ours), and I took the blame and said it was mine. I got an MIP. I have good grades and this is my first incident with the law, and I have my license. Any suggestions on the path I should take? And what kind of consequences am I looking at?

Last edited:

CdwJava

I am in California, me and my friends are all 16, we got some alcohol and were going to a friends house to drink.
Dumb move. And, illegal.

The alcohol was unopened and in the car.
Still illegal.

We parked and I was getting out of the car and some cops pulled up. The cops said we looked suspicious and asked if we had anything illegal on us, first we said no and then one of the cops pulled me aside and told me he just wanted to move on with this so just tell him so it will be easier, (sounding like he would let us go if i told him the truth), I told him we had alcohol. He told me to go grab the alcohol, and I did. He asked who's it was (it was all of ours), and I took the blame and said it was mine. I got an MIP. I have good grades and this is my first incident with the law, and I have my license. Any suggestions on the path I should take? And what kind of consequences am I looking at?
What code section were you cited for? And if it was not BP 25658 or 25662, what city or county were you in (as you were likely cited for a local ordinance)?

Depending on the violation you can face fines, alcohol counseling and community service along with a license suspension for a year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">