• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP-Liquor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gburris

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

I was recently charged with an MIP. I was walking from one apartment to the other and a police officer drove right up on me and my friend. I had a white styrofoam cup with vodka and redbull, and my friend had a 12 ounce bottle beer. He asked what was in my cup and i replied red bull. He smelled it and obviously smelled the vodka, however I did not admit to anything. During the time he was writing the tickets, he stopped 3 other people with cups or bottles, smelled them and made them pour out the contents regardless, without writing any of them tickets. I have been advised by a lawyer to request a jury trial and try to fight this myself. I have gotten a copy of the police report. The only thing it says regarding my situation is "Suspect 1 was holding a white cup with vodka and "red bull" in those exact words. My question is how should i go about defending myself in the pre-trial conference and in the trial? I have also been arrested for alcohol related violations two other times. Any insight and advise would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

seniorjudge

You were charged with and have told us you were guilty of possessing alcohol.

What did you have in mind as a defense?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
And this is his third time. Maybe he can plead his addiction made him do it and request rehab -- which he will then drop out of.

outonbail

I have been advised by a lawyer to request a jury trial and try to fight this myself
You really know your case is hopeless when an attorney advises you to just try fighting a criminal case yourself!
I guess he's saying, that even an attorney isn't going to help you in this case....

gburris

A. I am a student who pays for everything myself, including my schooling, with that in mind the lawyer and I both thought it would be best for me not to pay the 1500 in legal fees.
B. I appricate the addiction comment. This is a legal board, so thanks for the low blow. If you knew anything about me, you would definitely retract that statement. Hope you burn in hell and your mother, too.
C. Yes, I told you i was charged and guilty. So what? Thousands of people have lied and got away with it.
D. I knew this site was a joke, and my thoughts were confirmed. Thanks for wasting my, and everyone else's time.

Last edited by a moderator:

gburris

The defense I had in mind is he has no proof beside what was on the police report that I was in possession of alcohol. I have three people willing to testify as my witness, so maybe that will help. How about actually offering helpful advice and quit being know-it-all.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The defense I had in mind is he has no proof beside what was on the police report that I was in possession of alcohol. I have three people willing to testify as my witness, so maybe that will help. How about actually offering helpful advice and quit being know-it-all.
three people are going to commit perjury that you didn't admit you were drinking? Oh okay. As for burning in hell and with my mother, let me just say that the day I do I will make sure to send fire and brimstone into your alcoholic blood vessels so that you spontaneous combust. Okay? Oh and by the way, you will never rot because you are going to be well preserved from all the alcohol in your veins.
As for a low blow -- three arrests for MIP will basically tell a court that you are an addict. Not a low blow. The truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">